Wednesday 20 January 2010

Leave the lights on, if you're the last one alive......

Well, it's been a couple of months since my last post and there must be some of you out there who must have thought I had given up on this whole Blogging malarkey! No such luck....though I do feel at pains to at least try and explain my absence. Basically, December is really hectic in my job as a chef and paticulary stressful for all of us involved in the Catering trade. Therefore I was not really in any kind of a suitable mood to be writing in my Blog even if I did get time to do it. In fact, I barely touched the computer over xmas and my time on Facebook was pretty much shelved which, as anyone who knows me will know, is totally unheard of. I think it has done me a lot of good though being away from FB as it has helped to cure me of my Farmville obsession and going back to Facebook now, I have barely even touched that paticular application. I'm still Scrabbling though and still losing as many games, if not more, that I win but it is good to know that my Scrabble buds kept our games open while I was away and had wondered where I was! There's nothing quite like being missed......and it's good to be back playing word games again as I really do enjoy it, sad as it may sound!

Of course, Xmas has been over several weeks now and I still haven't made an appearance up until now so you might be forgiven for wondering what else I have been up to....not much is the answer. One thing I did seriously develop over December was a renewed obsession with GTA4 so I have been getting in a lot of XBOX 360 time when I can, right into the wee late hours of the night and the beginning of the next morning on many a occassion, and trying to complete that especially as I got several other games for Xmas which need playing. There is something very satisfying and relaxing about GTA that really chills me out. It sounds bizarre but there really is nothing like going on a mad killing spree, completing a few missions or just trying to exterminate all of the 200 flying rats that can be found across the city to really relax me. So far, I am on about 64 % completion so have a way to go but I want to get it finished by the end of next week when I am on holiday or I will not be best pleased.

So anyway, I still haven't really explained where I've been...well the computer has started to play up so we have needed to get my brother-in-law to take a look at that so he could fix it but also the Laptop has also started playing up. My B-I-L has fixed the laptop and has the computer at mo but that does mean that me and Mrs.Sparky have had a conflict in interest over who gets control of the sole computer in the house. This is an argument she justifiably always wins as it is HER laptop but that does mean that sme of my computer access has been limited. Also, to be very fair, I have just not been arsed to come on here and write anything and the longer I left it, the easier it was to forget about my Blog for a while...

Still, I am back now so heaven help you all ~ expect lots of Blog entries next week as I intend to try and catch up for lost time. When last I left you, I was reading Stephen King's Under The Dome. Well, since then I have decided to re-read all his back catalogue starting with Carrie. Over the last few weeks, I have re-read The Tommyknockers and Dreamcatcher too; finished the last Mo Hayder thriller ~ Skin~ which was okay but got better the further I progressed through it and am now reading the latest Robin Hobb fantasy, Dragonkeeper, which I will talk about further at a later stage. I am not trying to hedge or nothing but I have a new set of themes and ideas that I am want to use in 2010 on my Blog that incorporate some thoughts I had last year but never got around to putting into practice! This means therefore that I will be discussing my love for Robin Hobb, amongst others, in much more detail soon.....

Till then.....be fair or be square! Ciao Peeps!

No comments: