Wednesday 18 June 2014

Day 18: who says that I'm obsessed?

It is fair to say that there's a little game that all of us in our household are a little bit obsessed about right now. That game is The Sims Freeplay, and all three of us in my family have it on our individual tablets to play.

It's The Sims, but obviously a little bit restricted in what it lets you do, but it is good and lots of fun. Sometimes it can take a little while to do the tasks needed to gain experience points, and sometimes it can take a while to earn enough money to buy new properties, essential items etc, but it is good and you can quickly become obsessed with playing it.

Game Of Thrones is something else I am more than a little bit obsessed with right now. Why not then combine the two?

The show may have finished, for now, but in my Sim World, the story carries on. Yes, I'm a geek, and yes, you guessed it - all my Sims are named after characters from the show! So far I have Eddard and Catelyn, Cersi, Robert Bretheron, Tyrion, Tywin and Jaime Lannister. Babies Sansa, Joffrey and Anya are just waiting for me to complete the quest that lets them start to age, and then they too can become major players in my little world. 

Yes, I hold my hands up. I'm sad and I'm a fan boy. But you know what? Who cares?

If it keeps me quiet and off the streets, that can only be a good thing right?

Tomorrow, a little look at a couple of author friends of mine who both deserve a little love and a long awaited couple of new entries on my 1001 Books And Authors To Read Before You Die. I know it's been a while, but I promised someone a while ago I'd add her to my list and I just haven't got around it till now. 

Until then...this is Sparky out. You guys can have the con...

                                                                     


No comments: