Sunday 10 November 2019

As sick a book as you are ever going to read...















Until I read this, my only experience of Shaun Hupp was following his memes on facebook. So when I saw this book for free, I decided to pick it up and see for myself just what he was all about.
Maniacs with knives is about as sick a book as you are ever going  to read outside something by Matt Shaw. 
Seriously, if you are at all sensitive, easily offended, or prone to triggers, this book is not for you.
In one scene, a young woman is sexually assaulted by two men and when one of them can’t get it up, he uses a baseball bat - and this is in one of the tamer scenes.
Hupp’s writing feels, at times, heavily influenced by Laymon, but Hupp here goes far and beyond anything Laymon ever attempted and there were more than a few moments when even I was cringing and flinching and I have a really high threshold for such things.
This really is Extreme horror at its finest and next pay day, I will definitely, definitely be paying for the sequel!!!


A very well deserved 5 stars out of 5!

No comments: