Tuesday 12 November 2019

Reflecting on the past...










Aberration, also known as Evoke, by Danielle Simmons is my 39th read this year.

Laney emerges from a two month coma with very little memory only to find she is the only survivor of a car crash that killed three of her friends. The only real friend she has left is Evan, with whom she has a romantic entanglement, but when Evan starts drawing away and keeping his distance, Laney finds herself examining the past in a bid to try and discover exactly what happened that fateful night that three of her friends lost their lives. 

This is one of those books I’m not sure quite why I downloaded - probably because it was free at the time I suppose - and really wasn’t my type of thing. It’s kind of a romantic, teen drama and to be honest, I found myself skimming over most of it as the constant flashbacks started to do my head in.

To be fair, I don’t think I’m really the target market this book is aimed at and so, for that reason, I’m giving this nil point.

Only about 774 books left on my kindle to go...

No comments: