Monday, 24 November 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....



I'm not saying I'm a big kid or anything but I do tend to get a bit excited when we get a little snow....and I have now built two snowmen in a space of 24 hours!!!

The first, on my left, I created at 10.45 pm when I got home last night. My wife thought it most hilarious, if a little odd, that I wanted to go out in the cold as soon as I got home and build a snowman ready for my daughter when she got up next morning. As it happens, Emilie wasn't that excited by it and barely glanced at my monstrous creation this morning before looking at me with a "And, yeah...?" expression which I am sure she has inherited from her mum! I think she's still too young to appreciate my efforts as she wasn't bothered at all about it! There's gratitude for you.....

My second snowman was much better recieved and was created this afternoon in my mum's back garden. She was returning from Cypress late tonight and this afternoon, in my split shift break, I went over to her house for some quiet time! My sister was there with my nephew as they often are on a Sunday and were trying to make a snowman...badly! Of course I stepped in and showed my nephew how it's done and, together, we made a fine example of a snowman!! That was a much better effort in part due to the fact that I was making it in the day not at stoopid o'clock just home from work and that I could actually see what I was doing! Unfortunately we don't have any pictures of him so you will have to put up with scary, scary night-time snowman instead!

At least this year I didn't make a transexual snowman, but thats another story......

No comments: