Wednesday 11 March 2009

Don't you...forget about me...hey hey hey hey!







Had a detox day today from computer which, for those of you who know me, know that on my day off that is VERY unusual!! The only other time that has happened is when P.C played up and we couldn't use it! Didn't intend it like that-just found lots of other stuff to keep me occupied like taking Emilie to the park and swings which she absolutely loved!! Actually let her walk most of the way rather than using pushchair and only had to pick her up when we crossed the road walking back home and when we had to ascend a slope to get to play area. Had to go into work tonight though to cover for the Head Chef who had phoned in sick so, as you can well imagine, was not best pleased- in fact was pretty pissed off in fact. Thankfully it was fairly quiet- just restaurant, no functions- and he will be back to work tomorrow. Must have been one of them "24 hr" viruses then....

It's a good job really as I have my speed awareness/safety course tomorrow at 9 am at the University Of East Anglia Sport-Park (or Norwich UEA as we know it). Not sure what to expect but have in mind something like The Breakfast Club!!! I see myself in the Judd Nelson role for those who have seen the film though, when I was at school, I was more like the nerd, played by the guy who now stars in the T.V series of The Dead Zone, crossed with the character played by Ally Sheedy; a weirdo with a personality disorder who is a compulsive liar to begin with and who, it turns out, shouldn't even be in Detention, she just "didn't have anything better to do on a Saturday!!

My favourite scene is where all the teens are whistling the theme from The Great Escape when the teacher walks in and all you hear is Judd Nelson's character whistling "Da da da daaaaaah!!" That and the scene where Judd Nelson is crawling across the ceiling tiles to return to the Dention room after being segregated for mis-behaviour!! What a classic film!!
The Breakfast Club is my favourite all-time '80's movie closely followed by The Lost Boys, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Uncle Buck and Pretty In Pink. Man. I used to fancy the pants off Molly Ringwald!!! Always remember her in Sixteen Candles, a less well known flick in which her parents forget her sweet sixteenth- back in the day, everything she starred in for me was gold!!!
Anyway, I digress...will let you know how I get on with Speed Awareness tomorrow!! No doubt it will be nothing like The Breakfast Club and I will be throughly bored.... but you never know I might learn something! I have visions of us all sitting in a circle and having to stand up and say "I'm Sparky and I'm a reckless and irresponsible driver!" like we're in Alcoholics Anonymous or something.....
Right, gotta go...Mrs.Sparky is getting narky!! Will see you tomorrow little Sparkettes...xxxxxxx Sparky

1 comment:

SMR said...

Hey, got your link from RiSi - you live in/near Norwich too? Weird.. Nice Breakfast Club references too - haven't seen it for about a year and feel like it's time again!

Happy swapping...