Sunday 1 June 2014

30 days of Blog...day one

Well, here it is; my first blog post of my 30 day challenge to write on my Blog everyday for the next 30 days. 

I  was hoping to bring you something inspirational, uplifting or failing that, just amusing for the first post of my challenge, but the truth is I've been feeling pretty crummy with man-flu the last couple of days so I'm not really that prepared. 

I was going to make notes and everything, plan out what I wanted to say and instead...all you end up getting is my random rambling as I desperately try to fill my daily quota of at least 25 words a day for the whole of June.

I promise to make more of an effort for tomorrow's entry. By then I should be further down the road of recovery. Unless it's fatal. We all know men suffer from cold and flu symptoms much more than women do. It's a fact. Maybe not strictly proven, but it is. 

Anyway, what are some of the things you can expect in the next 29 days; let's talk about that, shall we?

First of all, I will be introducing myself properly to some of you who might be newcomers to my Blog. Over the next month I intend to talk about just some of the many experiences I have had during my first full year of being a published writer, and in the process, help promote some of the many anthologies my short fiction has been showcased in. 

I also intend to keep you updated on what you can expect to come from some of my many close, personal author friends in the not too distant future.

At some point or another, I will probably offer up the odd opinion 
or two on current news stories in a bid to keep things topical, and maybe randomly post other things I might have seen over the course of the month that I think might possibly amuse you. 

In other words, you can pretty much expect everything you may have seen before on this Blog, just in a much more condensed timeframe.

One of the things you can definitely expect me to address over the next few days is the slim possibility that I might just be in danger of developing Type One Diabetes. As some of you may know, my daughter Emilie was diagnosed last year. Now it appears it may have come from me; turns out I have one antibody in my blood that increases my risk of late onset Type One Diabetes. 

On Thursday, I have to go for an Oral Glucose test and have a cannula placed in my arm for about 3 hours, so yeah, I will be 
documenting that. As anyone who really knows me can tell you, I have a bit of a phobia about needles so yeah, that is gonna be fun. 


Anyway, that's about it for now.

The next 30 days are going to be a journey. If I told you anymore, it would spoil the surprise of what else you can expect.

Hell, maybe I might even post something exclusive I have written just for you, my loyal readers, here on this Blog, and never seen before by any other eyes. It's certainly something I would like to do...and I think that might just be some of you out there who might like to see it too! 

In the meantime, it is about time I was checking out for now. Considering I didn't know what to write when I first started this tonight, I think that I have done pretty well, don't you? 

Until tomorrow, loyal fans...

Don't let the bed bugs bite! 

No comments: