Monday 30 September 2019

October reads part one

My 27th book of the year, and the first for October, is Fever by Wayne Simmons; a UK horror author based in Wales.
Fever is the sequel to Flu apparently, though judging from what I read, can also be enjoyed as a stand-alone. 


In a lab underground, experiments are being done on a new kind of flu virus, but when the virus escapes, panic and mass infection soon ensue. This book follows several small groups of survivors as they struggle to flee not just those infected, but also the army ordered to shoot on site.
This was an okay book but for me, many of the characters came across as a little 2-dimensional. I started to get bored and if I’m honest, kind of skipped to the end.
There’s nothing here you won’t have seen before. 
2 stars 

No comments: