Friday 23 January 2009

2 1/2 more days to go till on holiday......

Yes, thats right- from Monday 26th, I finally get my weeks holiday; postponed by 7 days so that I can travel up to Sheffield on Saturday 31st and meet some of my online friends. Turns out there will be 21 of us in total meeting at Meadowhall that saturday- I am a bit nervous about meeting some of them as I only really really know a few of the people going- but good news! My long-time friend Glynis whom I have known for yonks is going with her daughter Charis!! Always wanted to meet Glynis as we have always got on famously and she set up the online reading group, Babbling Books, which I am a member of and which is loads of fun! As I recall, she's around the same age as me and I am dead excited that she's gonna be there! What with my other two really good friends going , Sarah and Katey, I think it's going to be a cracking day and they all get to meet Mrs.Sparky and Emilie too after hearing so much about them!

Not been about much on here for few days because been a bit fracked off! HC had a word with me saturday just gone because, whilst he was away, he heard that the food had not been up to the same standards as he produces. Turns out, as it happens, that this was all about an incident I sort-of mentioned that occurred on the Tuesday before he came back when a customer wasn't happy- and with good reason I must add because we were kind of busy and I fracked his order up! It was a mistake, I was stressed and sometimes, without making excuses, mistakes do happen and it wasn't like what happened was a regular occurrence. Anyway, he didn't explain himself very well and it wasn't til later that I put two and two together and realised what he was talking about. It was just that one complaint, as far as I am aware, but it just so happens that HC often drinks with this guy after work and he is a resident who stays at the Hotel pretty regularly because of his business.

Know it shouldn't bother me, but it has kind of knocked my confidence a bit and kind of upset me; not least because I am better than that! Now I feel as though I have to prove myself to HC even though we have worked together on and off for years. Ithas really left me feeling pretty negative about myself and then I have a few money worries that don't help and both me and Mrs.Sparky had to have our cars M.O.T'ed so that used up some of the extra funds I got for working over xmas......it almost seems as though even though stuff like the mortgage go down, I still find other bills which need to be paid. Financially, it is a bit of a struggle at mo and am not sure what I am going to do about it. Problem is I don't think there is any quick-sort-it solution save winning the lottery and, after playing the same numbers all year last year every week and not winning a bean, I have not bothered this year buying a ticket even once!

Maybe I should but whats the point of spending extra money you don't have just to win feck all?!!? I am ebaying some stuff at mo so that might possibly help and need to write more reviews but apart from that, I just don't know.....gotta go, my daughter just woke up.....

1 comment:

angelfruit said...

Have a great time in Sheffield with friends old and new. Try to put the rest of the world aside for a little while and have some fun - you deserve it x