Monday, 4 May 2009

This is my last Blog.....

Until I get back off holiday that is.....yes, I know I've been slack lately but to be honest,I haven't had much to say and I haven't felt particularly inspired.Sorry guys...

Anyway, a brief catch-up on whats been going down..... we had a new chef start but looks like he's upped and quit; Martin Abernathy has gone leaving just me, Ross and HC as full-time chefs and with me on holiday this week, it is dubious as to when HC will get his next day off!!(His last was on Tuesday just gone)Meanwhile, I am going to stay in a cottage for a week with Mrs.Sparky, Emilie, the mother-in-law, my brother-in-law Barry and his girlfriend Jenny and her young boy, Evan. Dead excited about it and could be fun though a week with M-I-L could be hard work....taking lots of books to read and also my PS2 and a couple of Bzz games for entertainment as Jenny is reputedly quite competitive and the thought of me and her up against each other on a quiz game armed with buzzers sounds like a real ice-breaker!

Been having a mass-reading session last few days- have gotten through three books in four days; admittedly though they were ones I had read before. On a crime spree at mo (Mrs.Sparky has mentioned that is the wrong use of the word in this context but I think it's amusing) and am reading Michael Slade's books on the RCMP and some of Robert Crais' Elvis Cole P.I novels. Am taking some Michael Connelly stuff to read whilst away and some of my TBR pile as well to get through....

Just cashed in £75 on my review site,Dooyoo again- not bad for 5 months work and already earned another £10 again so well on my way to another cheque and I have also discovered another review site which I'll talk more about when I get back and have started using it!

















By the way, this is not the cottage we are staying in- this is the cottage from Evil Dead; the Sam Raimi video nasty from the eighties. Come to think of it....I think my mother-in-law may have been in that film.....that's a joke by the way..... Wish me luck in that cottage....I may well need it!









No comments: