Sunday 30 August 2009

Be careful what you wish for....

Just a quick Blog to say that Crispy has finally gone!! On Tuesday, he broke one of the fundamental laws of Catering- don't swear at the customers! This, along with one of the other most fundamental laws of the kitchen ~ try not to kill anyone ~ is an act so unforgivable that it promotes instant dismissal. By Thursday, he had been fired and now Crispy is no more..... and as you can imagine, this is a double-edged sword for me. It is good because he was a twat. But it is bad because HC is going on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow meaning I will have to work the next 17 days without a single full day off! This time includes the day of Emilie's birthday which I am very not happy about but, overall, I am quite anticipating the next two weeks as it is going to be one hell of a challenge....Right now I feel a mixure of trepidation and anticipation and know, that by it's end, not only will I be shattered but that also that my nerves will be torn to shreds. Now you know why I would like to leave my job so much!! The problem is that, without HC, I am the only other chef with any responsibility and, in his absence, that leaves only myself and two commis to cover all the shifts with the occassional Agency chef when we are very busy. If they turn up... which yesterday, the Agency we were supposed to have did not! Yesterday I started work at 10:30 AM and worked through to 10 P.M non-stop with no break. This is my life as a chef. This is why Sparky gets narky. And this is why I complain A LOT in this Blog. Because ultimately, I have a lot to put up with in my job. And it's not that easy, especially in this climate, finding something else to do.....

To quote Duncan Bannatyne...."Let me tell you where I am right now....I'm oot!"

Sparky xxxx

No comments: